Android Developer (News and Current Affairs)
- Quezon City, PhilippinesGround Floor ELJ Building, ABS-CBN Compound, Mother Ignacia Avenue, 1100 Metro Manila, Quezon City, Metro Manila, PhilippinesQuezon CityMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
- Sustainably design, code, document, test and support the maintenance of the code for core mobile channels.
- Must have solid knowledge of design patterns and love writing code that is appropriately reusable and extensible.
- You are highly skilled in developing application solutions based on sound architectures and understand how to work optimally with APIs for mobile solutions.
- Have a solid experience working on multi-threaded application development and bring solid experience with performance tuning and memory management.
- You are a mentor and contributor to the development of best practice technical standards and capabilities and you foster a culture of collaboration within the team and across the business.
- Deliver high quality solutions and maintain best practices in agile software engineering such as Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, pair programming, and code reviews.
- Continually deliver work that raises the engineering quality bar and guards against incurring undue technical debt.
- 3-5+ years' experience building native Android applications using Java or Kotlin
- Proficiency in multi-threading.
- Proficiency in third-party libraries such as: Java, Gradle, Dagger, Espresso, etc.
- 2-5+ years' experience in Agile - Scrum
- Experience with Git or a similar distributed version control system
- 3-5+ years' experience with tools such as Android Studio
- Solid knowledge of Android/mobile design patterns
- Solid experience working on multi-threaded application development
- Analytical mind with a sense for algorithmic problem solving and selecting the right data structures for the job at hand.
- Deep experience working in Agile and test-driven development environments.
- Job level
- Fresh Grad / Entry Level
- Job category
- IT and Software
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Ground Floor ELJ Building, ABS-CBN Compound, Mother Ignacia Avenue, 1100 Metro Manila, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Entertainment / Film / News and Current Affairs / Public Service / Publishing / Digital, etc.
- 2 openings
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.