Program Associate l DZMM | Integrated News and Current Affairs
- Quezon City, PhilippinesGround Floor ELJ Building, ABS-CBN Compound, Mother Ignacia Avenue, 1100 Metro Manila, Quezon City, Metro Manila, PhilippinesQuezon CityMetro ManilaPhilippines
- Full time
This job is responsible for ensuring a smooth “on-air” operation of DZMM by providing production and technical assistance particularly in the preparation, playback and execution of production aids/materials, commercials and on-air promos, plugs, infomercials, and the communication with and airing of guests or interviewees.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Makes arrangements for live on air interviews with guests/ resource persons
- Sources for guests/ resource persons that can be aired in the program; develops network (connections) and maintains telephone directory;
- Contacts guests/ resource persons requested by the anchor and/or EPs and based on topic guide
- Receives materials from RAs to be used for the program by the anchors and the Executive Producers
- Contacts/Calls Radyo Patrol reporters, TV reporters and Provincial correspondents for updates on developing/running stories.
- Links patrol reporters to anchors by giving summary or lead-in of patrol reports; encodes subject matter and important details to the teleprompter to serve as guide of anchors
- Verifies news by calling concerned offices, agencies (public or private) and personalities
- Recommends airing of this to anchor and/or EP once information is verified
- Receives and processes phone calls
- Screens calls from listeners; gets details about the caller (e.g name and address) and the purpose of the call (whether they have questions, suggestions, opinion or comments); provide the information gathered to the anchorperson
- Patch callers on the air depending on program requirement
- Provides routine information to inquiries
- Refers phone calls to anchors on board or other department that may answer to their queries
- For calls requiring public service, refer calls to DZMM Public Service Center for them to contact appropriate government agency;
- If need is urgent, contact the appropriate government agency right away; make arrangement to put them on air if necessary
- Receives and transmits messages requested
- Ensures prompt airing of commercials and radio plugs, prepares program aids like OBB, CBB, theme music, bumpers, sound effects, stingers to be used on the air, etc.
- Coordinates with Program & Production Services Manager, Radio Traffic and Radio Tech regarding missing materials
- Monitors proper airing of commercials and sponsored segments and reports; reminds anchor to air commercials on time; or trigger airing of commercials as necessary
- Coordinates with Desk Editor and Radyo Patrol Reporters regarding the required sponsored reports
- Coordinates with Technician on duty regarding the implementation of commercials
- Handles/ Operates radio console during TV program hook up and whenever anchor is on a break (toilet break and emergency only) and handles the execution of program intros, background music, OBB and CBBs, stingers, commercials, etc by operating the AV Flex, Instant replay, simian, cd player, etc.
- Coordinates with radio technician regarding malfunction of equipment
- Acts as an announcer to call a Radyo Patrol reporter, and gives time check during TV Program hook up (in the absence of an anchor on board)
- Logs Radyo Patrol reports, gist of interviews between anchors and personalities, on-air discrepancies, sponsored on-air promo winners and attendance of anchors, PTAs and Eps in the INEWS.
- Screens contestants for on-air promos/contests.
- Submits Daily Operation and Discrepancy Reports to the Production Services Manager
- Acts as Executive Producer in the absence of the EP and traffics all the program contents (interviews, reports, commercials, plugs, etc.)
- Assists anchors in operating the broadcast consoles, Instant Replay, compact disc players, telephone patching systems and AV Flex
- Prints text messages emanating from DZMM 2366 text line. Prints comments and hits generated from DZMM Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Performs other related tasks as transcribing, photocopying, proofreading as assigned by the PPSD Manager and the Executive Producers.
- Coordinates with DZMM Teleradyo for the synchronization of on-air audio materials to TeleRadyo’s materials like Station ID and commercials.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or equivalent.
- Computer literate
- Must be a fast learner and must be adaptable
- Must be willing to work on a shifting schedule
- Must be willing to work on holidays or work on extended hours
- Applicants must be willing to work in Quezon City.
- Job level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job category
- Media and Creatives
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Office Address
- Ground Floor ELJ Building, ABS-CBN Compound, Mother Ignacia Avenue, 1100 Metro Manila, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Entertainment / Film / News and Current Affairs / Public Service / Publishing / Digital, etc.
- 3 openings
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.