Back End Developer
- South Jakarta, Indonesia21, South Jakarta, DKI Jakarta, IndonesiaSouth JakartaDKI JakartaIndonesia
- Full time
Examples of work that Backend Engineers do at The Shonet:
- Create & Test RESTful API of The Shonet services on AWS using AWS SAM (Serverless Application Model)
- Create & Test Graphql API of The Shonet services on AWS using AWS Amplify
- Implement a secure user directory that scales to hundreds of millions of using AWS Cognito
- Build microservices on AWS Lambda or Step Function, data ingestion and processing systems, and distributed task/job processing system.
- Document the API you build using Swagger
- Work with our ML, Data, and Infrastructure teams to build features and ship experiments
- Build and implement ML pipelines that analyze and profile user based on their reading habit
- Build and implement ML pipelines that analyze current trending articles
- Work closely with Product, and our extremely small & agile engineer team to design, iterate upon, as well as implement core product initiatives.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, automation and continuous delivery
- Write and maintain scalable, performant code that can be shared across platforms
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Practice test-driven development
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
About the Role:
In order to execute our vision, we need to grow our team of best-in-class engineers. Our ideal candidate has experience building core services and web-based APIs from the ground up, cares just as much about the product itself as the technology that powers it, and is capable of both structuring and writing clean, maintainable code. As a core member of our backend engineering team, you'll be the ones that build the core system of The Shonet.
You are a Perfect fit into Shonet Engineering Team if:
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup with high pressure.
- You are independent and proactive
- You are willing to go to extra miles to get the job done
- You are very motivated and very driven towards achieving our technology goals.
- You love new technology, new technology will fade but your love will not.
- You take ownership over everything you ship very seriously; you'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct
- You are aware that people come from various background and you respect their cultural differences and personalities.
- You are chill and able to compose yourself during tough times.
- You hate drama
- You think modular and live with microservices
- You have BS or MS degree in Computer Science
- You have a Minimum of 3-4 years post-graduate experience in Backend Development
- You are very experienced with using and designing RESTful services
- You are very experienced with database modeling (SQL or NoSQL)
- You speak NodeJs or Go
- You communicate in Observables
- You know your way around AWS
- You are very experienced in building scalable systems
- You have working knowledge of architecture patterns
Perks and Benefits
- A good Product for you to build, brag, care, love and live with
- A great learning and growth curve
- A place for you to actualize your dream about building the next big thing
- Best office you can ask for (@WeWork Revenue Tower)
- 40 days of combined annual leave
- an ‘okay’ salary. We don’t want you to join us just for the sake of money alone, however rest assured you will be compensated very good.
- Amazon Web Services
- Machine Learning
- Database System Administration (DBA)
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.