Senior Software Engineer
- Taguig, PhilippinesTaguig, Metro Manila, PhilippinesTaguigMetro ManilaPhilippines
- 60,000.00 - 150,000.00 PHP / monthPHP60,000.00150,000.0060,000.00MONTH
- Full time
Come Change the Travel Sector!
ZEN Rooms, one of the fastest-growing startups in Southeast Asia, is searching for a Full Stack Engineer to expand its successful business to join the tech team in Philppines/Bangkok.
We are an operating system for Southeast Asian budget & mid-range hotels. We allow our hotel clients to be more productive and competitive: increase revenue, optimize cost base and increase guest trust & satisfaction. Through technological and operational solutions, we address the deep, widespread inefficiencies in the Southeast Asian budget & mid-range hospitality sector.
By helping Southeast Asian hotels operate more efficiently: better value-for-money and safer, ZEN contributes daily to democratizing travel in Southeast Asia. Millions of travelers looking for the best value-for-money stay at ZEN franchised or operated properties each year.
ZEN Group is backed by the #1 Korean travel group Yanolja (funded by Booking.com/Agoda) and a leading group of institutional technology investors including Rocket Internet (behind Lazada etc)
About the role
We are currently looking for a skilled and passionate Full Stack Developer to become part of our international team of highly talented and motivated people. As a Full Stack Developer in ZENRooms, you will be responsible for contributing to the application architecture and doing intensive, design orientated development on both Frontend and Backend code.
About the requirements:
- A minimum of 3 years of full-stack development experience for Mid Level or 6 years for Senior Level
- Deep knowledge of PHP and wide experience with the OOP frameworks. Experience with Phalcon framework is a big plus
- Proficient with database design and optimization (PostgreSQL or MySQL)
- Experience in designing Rest APIs and RPC structures.
- Practical experience in writing automated tests (unit tests, integration tests, etc)
- Knowledge and experience of common Design Patterns and coding principle
- Good background in building complex and beautiful products which are able to handle the requests by millions of users
- Passionate about writing well-structured, efficient and maintainable code, actively keeping the quality of the codebase in check
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent education or practical experience.
- Self-motivated, fast learner, detail-oriented and a team player
- Able to make sure that the platforms keep up with high standards of scalability, stability, security, and performance.
Nice to Have
- Experience with working remotely
- Familiar/involved with open source projects
- Knowledge of cloud architectures, AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, and Serverless concepts.
- Knowledge/Experience in other programming languages like python, node.js, C#
- Experience with Elasticsearch and Kibana
- Exposure to Agile methodology
- Familiarity with technical practices such as pair programming, test-driven development, CI/CD
- Familiar with Linux commands
Our Dev Culture and Perks
- Competitive salary with annual bonus
- Flat hierarchies
- Health & Medical Insurance
- Casual and friendly atmosphere and lots of fun
- No Dresscode
- We are an international English-speaking team
- Flexible working hours with potential for 'work from home' days
- Snacks and fresh fruits
- Working autonomously in an agile and creative environment
- Internal development strategy for personal and professional growth
- 20 paid leaves a year up to your discretion to use for either sick, emergency, or vacation
- Powerful company laptops
- Paid relocation package
- Various Team Events and Outings
Perks and Benefits
- Work from Home
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Performance Bonus
- Information Technology
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
Feel secure when applying: look for the verified icon and always do your research on a company. Avoid and report situations when employers require payment or work without compensation as part of their application process.