- Makati, Philippines2F KDC Plaza, Chino Roces Ave, San Lorenzo, Makati, Metro Manila, PhilippinesMakatiMetro ManilaPhilippinesPhilippines
- Full timeFULL_TIME
We are looking for Teacher Assistants to work with our Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten classes. The ideal candidate is someone who:
• Embraces change, is flexible and adaptive, and craves continuous improvement and feedback.
• Works collaboratively to not only build connections with our school team through relevant and meaningful experiences but also to enhance relationships with parents and the school community.
• Is passionate about creating intentional and spontaneous experiences that scaffold the child’s understanding of his or her connection to the world, feelings, dispositions, and skills.
• Uses a variety of classroom routines, classroom management tools, and age-appropriate motivational activities to create a safe and robust classroom culture that is responsive to individual interests and activities.
• Can see the big picture of the program, and understands how the continually evolving parts, which includes the new technology and research, can help support or redefine the big picture.
A day in the life of a Teacher Assistant:
• Assists Lead Teacher in preparing daily plans that follow age-appropriate Curriculum and Developmental Guidelines. This consists of the set-up for the different areas, the materials to be used, assessment materials, individualized student paths, and indirect and direct learning and play experiences.
• Organizing various scaffolded inquiry activities such as Discovery quests, Exploratory missions that will help students master skills and content
• Meeting and greeting the students for the day. This could include managing emotions and redirecting focus for the planned learning experience.
• Help in routine procedures such as washing hands, roll call, and the quest for the day.
• Supporting station-by-station play.
• Helping students integrate with one another and interact in groups, whether they’re working on curriculum, completing tasks, or during play activities.
• Attending staff meetings and collaborating with colleagues to plan to prepare curricular learning experiences and discuss student progress.
• Helping assess student performance and academic and behavioral outcomes.
Other duties as needed.
Passionate about working with preschool or Kindergarten age children (3-6)
Open to new ideas with regard to curriculum design, teaching and learning
Bachelor or Masters of Elementary Education with a focus on Early Childhood Education
1 or 2 years experience in a teacher assistant capacity for Pre-K or Kindergarten
Experience in creating developmentally appropriate curriculum;
Able to work in a highly collaborative environment;
Kind, fun-loving, strong work ethic, open to feedback
Perks and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Classroom Management
- Curriculum Design and Development
- Job Level
- Entry Level / Junior, Apprentice
- Job Category
- Education and Training
- Educational Requirement
- Bachelor's degree graduate
- Recruiter response to application
- Once in a while
- Office Address
- Chino Roces Ave, San Lorenzo
- Primary / Secondary Education
- 2 openings